Sunday, March 29, 2009

Telling Stories

This weeks topic of digital storytelling was really very intersting. I looked at the assignment prior to doing any of the reading and was definitely a bit scared. I am fairly comfortable on the computer and with technology but do not have a clue when it comes to making a "movie". I really thought that I was in for a long week trying to figure this out! So, I took a step back and decided to do the reading and look at various samples. The reading was very informative and looking at the various examples made me realize that i might actually be able to make a digital story! With this relief then came the pondering of ideas. What could i make a digital story about? The beter question was what pictures did i have access to or could i take and what kind of digital story would i be able to use with my students? After a lot of thought, i decided that a science related story would work well for my students and thought that i would have an easy time finding pictures of a butterfly and the various life cycles it goes through. Although it took me a few hours, i was pretty pleased that i was able to come up with an idea and start to create my story. Photo Story 3 proved very easy to use (so far) and i have already found and loaded all of the pictures for my story. After completing this portion of my story, i took a break to meet with my group and will continue with my story throughout this week with hope that the rest of the process is made easy with photo story!

No comments: